Child Visa

Child Visa Assistance

single mother and child 600x369 Child Visa

Are you looking to sponsor your child for an Australian child’s visa?

As an Australian parent (citizen or permanent resident) you can sponsor your natural, step or adoptive child. 

Natural Child  

If your child is under 18 generally speaking they are eligible to apply for a child visa so long as the sponsoring parent has the full custody right.  

If your child is over 18 but under 25 they must be full-time study in order to be eligible for a child’s visa. 

If your child is over 25 generally speaking they are not eligible for a child visa unless they are permanently incapacitated.  

Step Child  

Apart from the criteria stated above, an Australian parent can only sponsor their step children if:

  • the Australian parent is no longer in a relation with their non-Australian partner
  • the Australian parent has the full custody right as ordered by the court. 

Adoptive child  

In the context of Australian immigration law, an Australian parent can only sponsor an adoptive child if the child is under 18. 

Require further assistance?

If you prefer to book a private appointment to see our registered migration agent please call us on 0861899070.

This form should be completed by the Australian parent sponsor.

Your name (required)

Your email (required)

What's current residency status?

If you are NZ citizen did you arrive in Australia before 26 Jan 2001?
 Yes No Not applicable

Are you over 18 years of age?
 Yes No

How old is your child?

Have your child ever involved in a relationship with another person?
 Yes No

Your additional message

Please enter the code below